Developing a disciplined exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is usually not pleasant. We do it mainly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only delivers a diversion but also brings about the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a gym partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a lively gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, guarding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little preparation, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!