When to call the Doctor!

Sometimes we get asked the question of when do I go to my medical doctor for ear issues.

Anytime one experiences pain, drainage, or swelling to ears it is time to call your medical physician.

These could be underlying symptoms of an infection and should be treated with medication. A very important example of a need to see an ear, nose, and throat physician would be a sudden drop in one’s hearing usually occurring within a 72 hour period. This can be associated with vertigo, tinnitus, or both and needs to be evaluated expeditiously. There may not be a reasonable explanation for the sudden loss of hearing, but the doctor will need to perform a test to rule out severe complications and may be able to help with medications. Anytime you have a question as to whether to call the doctor, please don’t hesitate to call us and we will give you guidance.

The site information is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. To receive personalized advice or treatment, schedule an appointment.