Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to detect because of how gradually hearing loss typically progresses. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults seldom even consider scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you monitor your hearing health?
It’s worthwhile to have regular hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud environments? Are you continually turning up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a reference frame for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify problems early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for fast treatment and preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical conditions, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of neglected hearing loss. Remaining alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully participate in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us right away.